Skip to main content

What Ever Happened to a Quiet Sunday?

Today, for some reason, the girls have been rather noisy and domineering. The smallest, who is affectionately called Mini Sh*t because of the way she teases the others, has spent all day trying to mount the other 2 in an attempt to be alpha degu. Large, yes I know I still don't have proper names yet, has spent most of the day shouting about nothing and Medium couldn't really care less.

From 9 o'clock this morning it's been nothing but degu debauchery! I don't know what has got them so riled, maybe it's because breeding season is near, but here's a little video of Large having a good old whinge.

As for names, nothing has really fitted their personalities yet. Although, I am seeing a hierarchy and personalities similar to the women of Warehouse 13. We'll see if Claudia, Myka, and Mrs Frederick stand the test time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Degus Have Moved In

This morning 3 little degus became the newest members of my family and they're the 3 cutest girls ever! I was up until midnight filling and dressing their cage ready for them to move in and they are loving it. 2 of them still think that there are only 2 floors and not 4, and all 3 have spent most of the day running in their wheel. Just before I settled down to write this they were all in a 'goo pile' on top of their cabin. It's a little dark in the room for a decent photo and I don't want to use the flash so I'll have to wait until there's a little more light to get a photo of them huddled together. They are all still a little flighty and scared of the camera but I managed to get a few decent photos of them. Don't have any names yet as I'm waiting to see what kind of personalities they have. My brother wants to call them Penny, Amy, and Bernadette… The Big Degu Theory! UPDATE — Here's a little video my brother recorded. :)

Dozing Degus

I can't believe I've had my degus for a month tomorrow. I've been a little busy with work this past week but I thought I'd take time out to share a little video my brother took of the girls chillaxing on Saturday afternoon. About 30 seconds in I open the door for a better view. Enjoy!

Degu Versus the Wooden Wheels

When I bought wooden exercise wheels for my 3 girls I knew I was taking a gamble. Degus love to chew wood but in the back of my mind I was hoping that they'd realize that wheel destruction meant no running. After all, they are rather intelligent little rodents. Close up of damage After 6 months of little to no interest in chewing the wheels I thought I was on to a winner and had the only non-destructive degus in the world. This afternoon, after a morning out walking I came home to wheel destruction. Degu damage to Wooden Exercise Wheels 4 hours earlier they weren't particularly bad. Just some light gnawing around the edges and on the stands. Now they resemble something that's been, quite literally, blown apart by a grenade. It's like they woke up this morning and thought, "Right, degus. We're going to start chewing these wheels and we're not going to stop until they're gone!" It's a good job I didn't pay full price for the ...